Beavers leave unusual tracks. I found these in the soft mud of a intermittent stream bed.
The website Northern Bushcraft has this to say about Beaver tracks and sign:
- hind tracks are 6-7 inches long, front tracks are 2-3 inches long.
- hind print show five toes, front print show four or five toes.
- hind foot has webbing between toes.
- claw marks show in the tracks.
- tracks can be marred from tail dragging over them.
- beavers live in dome-shaped lodges with underwater entrances.
- beavers eat cattail shoots, aquatic vegetation and tree bark.